News & Popular
- 2015: Article on Drops surfing a ridge appeared in Nature Communications, August 2015.
- 2015: Article on laser impact on a drop covered by dutch newspaper NRC, May 2015.
- 2014: The granite sphere fountain covered by dutch newspaper NRC, November 2014.
- 2014: Milton van Dyke Award, Gallery of Fluid Motion
American Physical Society - DFD, San Francisco 2014. Click for the winning video.
- 2014: Article on the Physics of granite sphere fountain on the cover of the American Journal of Physics, 24 October 2014.
- 2014: Contribution to the Dutch Science Quiz: cheerios and bouncing drops, January 2014.
- 2013: ERC Consolidator Grant awarded by the European Research Council, November 2013.
- 2013: Start of part-time appointment in the Mesoscopic Transport Phenomena group at the Eindhoven University of Technology, October 2013.
- 2013: Paper on Drop coalescence covered by kennislink.nl, October 2013.
- 2013: Review article on moving contact lines appeared, January 2013.
- 2012: Science Cafe on Huis- Tuin- en Keukennatuurkunde, December 2012.
- 2012: Paper on ice drops on covered by the Daily Mail and the NRC, October 2012.
- 2012: PNAS paper on micro-soccer balls covered by De Volkskrant, September 2012..
- 2012: Appearance in dutch radio show Hoe?Zo! Radio, June 2012.
- 2012: Winner of Education Award Applied Physics 2012, University of Twente, March 2012.
- 2012: Member of the JA@UT, the Young Academy of the University of Twente.
- 2012: Article in the Ned. Tijdschrift voor Natuurkunde: Fysica aan de koffietafel.
- 2012: Contributions to Wetenschappelijke Scheurkalender 2012 (Dutch science calender).
- 2011: Freezing drops appear in Nationale Wetenschapsquiz 2011 .
- 2011: Milton van Dyke Award, Gallery of Fluid Motion
- 2011: Article UT Magazine, November 2011.
- 2011: Rush hour in a drop of coffee [paper 40].
- 2010: Milton van Dyke Award, Gallery of Fluid Motion
American Physical Society - DFD, Long Beach 2011. Click for the winning video.
- 2010: VIDI Grant by NWO (Dutch Organisation for Scientific Research).
- 2010: Bubble trouble.
Perspective article in Nature Physics on bubble pinchoff [papers 14 and 23].